Preventive Care and Wellness Plans for Pets
Your pet’s health is the most important part of what we do at Town & Country Veterinary Clinic. In order to ensure that your pet is healthy, we recommend that all pets come in to our animal hospital for a complete physical check-up at least once a year. During these annual wellness visits, we will conduct the following examinations:
- Thorough nose-to-tail examination, including palpitation to check for unusual lumps, bumps, pain, and discomfort
- Oral examination to determine of a professional pet dental cleaning is recommended
- Discussion of pet behavior, condition, and lifestyle
- Administration of any needed vaccines
- Any diagnostics that are deemed necessary after the physical examination, including wellness lab work
Pet Care Based on Your Pet’s Age and Health Status
Each pet’s care requirements will be different, depending on their age and health status. For puppies and kittens, we will often have a greater focus on preventing diseases through pet vaccinations, while adult pets will often see a focus on health maintenance in the form of pest prevention, vaccine boosters, and oral care. Senior pets will generally be recommended for blood work and other diagnostic tests to check for the early signs of disease to which they are more prone.
While we have basic care plans laid out for pets of different life stages, our animal hospital operates on the understanding that each pet is an individual. We will work closely with you to determine what your pet needs most in order to maintain their health.